ChessBase is a personal, stand-alone chess database that has become the standard throughout the world. Everyone uses ChessBase, from the World Champion to the amateur next door. It is the program of choice for anyone who loves the game and wants to know more about it. Start your personal success story with ChessBase and enjoy your chess even more.
New in ChessBase 12:
"Deep analysis" generates a dynamic tree of variations. Leave the analysis running as long as you want. The longer the running time, the more reliable the variations displayed. Variations which do not hold up at the greater depth of calculation are automatically excluded. The result is commentary containing analysis of the important candidate moves. Strong improvement over the deep position analysis in Fritz, because it can run forever, all the while adapting the variation tree with ever-increasing depth.
Team up engines from different systems in a "Cloud analysis." This is a deep analysis done by several engines working in parallel, which saves an enormous amount of time. The engines are running on other computers, where they can be set up with a few clicks. You can even make the engines undertake different tasks: one engine always directs the analysis, another spends all its time calculating the candidate moves in the starting position in order to obtain the optimal depth of calculation and finally they look for the replies to each of the candidate moves.
ChessBase 12 endings can now be looked for with a single click and displayed classified according to their similarity to the position on the board using "Similarity search." Access to a whole heap of endings with the same distribution of material on modern 64-Bit systems is gained in a few seconds only. What works with endgames can also be transferred to middlegame positions. In this case too, a search is instigated for pawn structures which are almost similar to the position on the board and the similarity is considered on the basis of the position of the pieces.
- Online player encyclopedia with ELO ratings, upgraded throughout the year
- "Let'sCheck": access the world's largest database of in-depth analysis (more than 5 million positions)*
- Optional 64Bit version: speeds up access to your databases
- Intelligent google-style search box for ChessBase online database featuring more than 6.4 million games*
- New look for the ChessMedia window, big database symbols for high resolution
- New engine dialog with CPU-optimization
- One-click publication of one or more games on the web in a Java script
ChessBase 12 - Mega Package:
- ChessBase 12 program
- Access to ChessBase Online Database (over 6.7 million games)*
- Mega Database 2014 (more than 5.7 million games, 67,000 with annotations)
- Mega Update Service through 31st December 2014 - 5,000 new games every week
- Access to Lets Check and Engine Cloud**
- Years subscription to ChessBase Magazine (6 Issues)***
* the service lasts till 31.12.2015
** playchess.com membership required
Minimum system requirements: Pentium III 1Ghz, 1 GB RAM, Windows Vista, XP (SP3), DirectX9 graphics card with 256MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9, Internet connection for online databases and updates.