Select Accessories (Optional)
The chess computer for tournament and club players running Chess Genius by Richard Lang and recommended by world champion Anatoly Karpov.
- World Champion chess software
- Playing strength over 2000 ELO (USCF 2200, or Master level)
- Among the strongest chess computer games ever made
Richard Lang, with no less than 10 world championship titles in Computer Chess is without doubt the most successful chess programmer ever. His legendary Chess Genius program succeeded on August 31, 1994 the historic first win a chess program over a reigning world chess champion at an official tournament: world champion Garry Kasparov was 1.5 at Intel Grand Prix Tournament in London: defeated by 0.5 points.
The MILLENNIUM Chess Genius includes this award-winning Weltmeister program. With its playing strength of more than 2000 ELO (according to international tournament standards) and due to its virtually infinite variable adjustment options it makes the perfect companion for all chess players, whether a beginner, club player or a strong tournament player.
- Virtually unlimited number of difficulty levels
- The average training time is adjustable
- Total time per game is adjustable
- Tournament Levels for strong players
- Lower levels for beginners
Designed for chess professionals
- 20,000 opening positions
- Versatile Analysis Mode
- Position evaluation and main line
- Input any chess positions
- Chess Coach will warn of bad moves, offers a re-do and makes suggestions for optimal moves
- Displays all legal moves
- Unlimited number of moves back and replay
- Easy system setup
- Large display, board is backlit as well
- 7 3/4" playing surface (~ 1" SQUARES)
- Multilingual user interface
- Play modes - player vs. computer, player vs. player, etc
- Energy saving mode when using batteries
- Processor - ARM Cortex M4/48 MHz
- Magnetic, pressure sensor board
- Text-based, 7 language menu
- Languages - DE / GB / FR / NL / ES / IT / RU
- Software - Chess Genius
- Power: 3 AA Batteries, included
- Optional Power Adapter Sold Separately
- Dimensions - 11.8" x 10.8" x 1.2"
IMPORTANT: We have noted a few minor design issues, which have been submitted to the manufacturer:
- The unit's factory default language is German. When the unit is reset (from loss of power or from pressing the reset button) it will default back to German. English is restored simply by pressing the reset button, then the Right Arrow and the Green ENT button.
- MOST, but not ALL pieces will fit in the storage compartment below the unit.
- Contrast adjustment settings do not appear to function as expected and in most cases do nothing at all for the display. In the units that we tested, all displays already were in the most optimal contrast setting.
Thanks - Matt
Since this item was purchased as a gift I cannot review the product. But their service is excellent and I will be purchasing from them again.
There was no. Instruction booklet only complaint
Battery compartment damaged waiting for new game
This device has all the features I looked for. It can setup positions which I use to
study endgame situations. It can play itself. I am very pleased with the Chess
Genius from Millenium.