KING EXCLUSIVE EMANUEL LASKER EDITION CHESS COMPUTER
This chess computer has a limited run of only 150 pieces
In 2018, the German manufacturer MILLENNIUM in cooperation with the German Chess Federation designed a special chess computer and produced in a limited edition, on the occasion of the 150th birthday of the only German chess world champion, Emanuel Lasker. Included in delivery is a special issue of the Emanuel Lasker Company, plus the Exclusive Chessboard with figure recognition and the new control module with the world-famous The King software.
THE KING ELEMENT
The most personal and exciting chess partner you've ever had!
Control module for the extension of the MILLENNIUM Exclusive sensor boards, with the famous chess program The King by Johan de Koning. It has a size of approximately 15.7" inches (40cm) x 15.7" (40 cm).
Features and Functions:
- Generously illuminated display and elegant wooden housing
- Selection of different opening books: The classic Aegon Book, the Master Book (> 300.000 pos.) By M. Uniacke, or special User Books
- Save batches and optionally download opening libraries, firmware updates or program enhancements
- Countless Options: Configure up to 3 different opponents for a game as against real chess grandmaster
- Infinite levels of difficulty, variably adjustable
- Outstanding playing ability, coupled with a very active, risk-taking, sometimes downright spectacular style of play
The cable connection between the clock and the chessboard makes it not only possible to exchange the hardware module, it further allows future software updates to be made via the integrated USB-interface. An ARM Cortex M7 processor with 300 MHz and a significantly increased Flash and RAM-memory serves as motor for the hardware.
Chess Genius Exclusive is currently the most luxurious and affordable hands-on electronic board game - perfect for solo chess play.
Exclusive is engineered in Germany following many years of careful listening and discussion with avid players and computer enthusiasts. These people helped architect the ultimate hands-on chess game for the home.
For example, it was found that the most comfortable size chessboard (smaller than tournament and larger than portable sizes) would measure just under 16" (40cm) square. And it would be beautiful. The handmade, elegant wooden sensor-board is exactly that - attractive to display.
During game play, the eye must be able to stay on the board and not depend on glancing to the side. For this reasons, 81 LEDs clearly illuminate moves as you play them and as the computer beckons you to respond with its move.
The ideal chess computer doesn't require you to press down on the squares. That's why built-in, fully-automatic piece detection is achieved with new rapid-sensing technology.
It's powered by an ARM Cortex M7 processor with 300 MHz and a significantly increased Flash and RAM-memory serves as motor for the hardware.
Estimated tournament strength of the ChessGenius Exclusive range between 2350 and 2400 ELO which even surpasses the performance level of the legendary Mephisto world champion computers
Thanks to this a new era of development in Munich, Germany, the Exclusive is being enjoyed by chess computer enthusiasts all over the world.
In September, 2018, Millennium announced the ChessLink, further expanding this Exclusive with connectivity to tablet, PC and more!
- Board size approx: 15.75" x 15.75" x .78" (40 x 40 x 2 cm)
- Hardware: ARM Cortex M7 / 300MHz / 2048 KB ROM / 384 KB RAM
- Handcrafted wooden board with automatic rapid piece detection sensors
- Display of chess moves: 81 single-field LED (each 4 per field)
- Future expansion with software updates via USB-interface
- Hardware module can be replaced entirely
- Options for the USB interface: memorizing of parties, optional download of opening libraries, firmware- updates or engines
- Power supply and connection with adapters for international sockets
- Programmed by Richard Lang, based on popular world-champion programs
- Playing strength > 2300 ELO (tournament level)
- Various playing levels suitable for advanced players, very good club- and tournament players up to international tournament levels
- Levels - challenging; fun (computer blunders); easy (limit of the calculated positions); speed; tournament with or without Fischer-clock, etc
- CPU speed: 50-300 MHz adjustable
- Opening library range between Classic London Book (57,000 Positions) such as the new Master Book (>300,000 Positions) by M. Uniacke
- Menu: cursor-guided display with 5 lines, plus scrolling
- 7 languages (it can default to German on first play, so watch prompts carefully to choose desired language, especially if English)
- 2 player mode play and analyzing
- Chess trainer includes extensive warning and help functions.
Many extensive features
- Display of hint moves, position evaluation and main variant, permanent brain calculations, move number, depth of the calculation and the number of calculated shifts
- Various playing modes
- Position control with board display
- Analyzing mode with many options
- Auto- playing mode
- Alternative variation moves
- Settings for display contrast, reverse board, calculator speed, position of chess clock left or right, and more
Included in Box
- Wooden sensory chessboard
- Wooden chessmen
- Chess computer module
- Power supply with adapters EU/GB/US (240V / 110V)
- Connection cables
- A special issue of the Emanuel Lasker Company
- Printed Manual. See also Manual Download (PDF)
I INITIALLY BOUGHT THIS COMPUTER, THE LASKER KING, TO PREPARE FOR CHESS TOURNAMENTS. WHETHER YOU PLAY e4, d4, c4, or Nf3 AS YOUR FIRST MOVE, YOU NEED TO KNOW SUFFICIENT THEORY; WELL, THIS COMPUTER HAS 2 LARGE OPENING BOOKS AND A UNIQUELY HUMAN PLAYING STYLE. IT INCLUDES MULTIPLE "BEGINNER" AND "ADVANCED" LEVELS, AND I FOUND BEGINNER LEVELS CHALLENGING. IT'S OPENING BOOKS ARE DEEP; IT PLAYS A TRICKY TACTICAL MIDDLEGAME. IT IS EASY TO OPERATE; AFTER PLAYING A FEW GAMES, THE USE OF THE "KING" BECOMES INTUITIVE. YOU CAN USE IT AS A TOURNAMENT PRACTICE PARTNER. IT HAS A SET-UP MODE FOR PRACTICING YOUR FAVORITE POSITIONS OR ANALYZING YOUR GAMES; IT HAS AN AUTOMATIC "SAVE" FUNCTION SO YOU CAN PLACE A GAME "ON HOLD" AND PICK-UP LATER WHERE YOU LEFT OFF, OR TO "STORE" YOUR GAMES. THE 2 OPENING BOOKS "KNOW" OPENINGS , YOU CAN SET DIFFERENT PLAYING STYLES, AND THERE IS A FUTURE DOWNLOAD OPTION TO PLAY A PROGRAM FROM YOUR LAPTOP. THE "BEGINNER'S" ENGINES ARE STRONG, BUT DON'T LET THAT SCARE YOU AWAY; IT HAS "EASY" LEVELS FOR THE COMPLETE BEGINNER. THIS IS THE TYPE OF COMPUTER THAT GROWS WITH YOU AS YOU IMPROVE. I REALLY DO BELIEVE THIS IS THE BEST STAND ALONE MODEL I EVER PURCHASED. I INITIALLY HAD DIFFICULTY WITH THE AUTOMATIC SAVING OF GAMES - I WANTED TO ERASE THEM. THE MANUAL PROVIDES A WAY TO DO THIS, BUT THE STAFF AT THE CHESS HOUSE WERE ABLE TO PROVIDE A SHORTCUT! I HAVE MADE NUMEROUS PURCHASES FROM THE CHESS HOUSE AND THEIR SUPPORT TEAM HAS ALWAYS BEEN HELPFUL. YOU CAN TRUST THE CHESS HOUSE TO BE YOUR SOURCE FOR ALL OF YOUR CHESS EQUIPMENT. I HAVE ZERO RESERVATIONS ABOUT THE "LASKER KING" AND I BELIEVE YOU CAN MAKE YOUR PURCHASE WITH CONFIDENCE. I MIGHT ADD THAT THE BOARD AND CHESS MEN ARE MADE OF BEAUTIFUL WOOD, SO YOU ARE ALSO BUYING AN ATTRACTIVE PIECE OF FURNITURE; JUST KEEP IT AWAY FROM SUNLIGHT TO PREVENT DISCOLORATION. I'M COMPLETELY SATISFIED. LEN
This machine is quite awesome. I have quite a few machines, including a DGT board (the heavy one), a recent Revelation II and the old Exclusive / Munchen Mephisto ... so I can easily compare.
If you know what was a TASC R30/R40 this is really the closest you can get. https://www.schach-computer.info/wiki/index.php?title=Tasc
The build quality is quite great and there is plenty attention to details even in the packaging. The 81 LEDS board is great and the chessmen are cool and very responsive. I played a few games and never experienced any issue when moving the chessmen. The King on-screen menus are clear and easy to use, especially if you are coming from the good old Mephisto machines. The power adapter is great and can work in many countries.
I also really like the capability to reduce the processor speed down to 10Mhz (from 300Mhz by 10Mhz steps). This is a great idea actually !
Some of the cons (there are totally acceptable and you can easily live with them ) :
- the board could have more weight and be bigger.
- the chessmen could have been a tad better in their shape and their color
- the King module could have been in wood instead of plastic
- the black cable liking the board to the King module is a bit ugly and break the aesthetics
- I would have excepted to be able to buy a hard / soft case for storing the machine (instead of the regular box)
Now on the ugly: I was able to connect the King module to my MacBookPro. The provided Mac software is terrible and does not work for me so far. That is of a concern. I will try later with a Windows machine but this is uncool so far.
Last, the delivery from ChessHouse has been very fast and the packaging was very pro.
I am very happy about this purchase.
Yes, it costs a bit much, but it is perfect. The board lights up as you move pieces and tells you where to move the computer. The pieces are a bit smaller, but after a moment--likey after it takes your queen again--you do not notice anymore. No regrets paying for the special edition! Unboxed it today. Excellent!