The unique, large 925 sterling silver biblical Judaica chess set is a masterpiece from Amnon Caspi of Netanya, Israel.
It's comprised of 32 highly detailed and outstanding biblical style pieces, 16 finished in sterling silver and 16 gilded sterling silver.
- the pawns are Macabim soldiers
- the rooks are small castles
- the knights are camels
- the bishops are the famous biblical spies carrying a grape cluster
- the kings are Moses holding the Decalogue
- the queens are Miriam.
The wooden case is beautifully ornamented on the sides with a relief scenery depicting the Holy City of Jerusalem. It is topped by a removable wooden cover, set with a silvered and gilded metal playing board.
The chessmen and side display are made in the electroforming process which allows a relatively lightweight core to be overlaid in detail with desired metals such as silver and gilded silver.
- Pawn height: 2.4in. / 6.1cm.
- King height: 3.6in. / 9.1cm.
- Board: Length: 20.5in. / 52.07cm.
- Board: Width: 20.5in. / 52.07cm.
- Board: Height: 3.5in. / 8.9cm.
- Weight: 7590gr. / 244.024oz.
- Marks: 925 for sterling silver and maker