3 3/4" French Series Wood Chess Pieces - Golden Rosewood
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
Select An Optional Board
Click each image to enlarge
About 3 3/4" French Series Wood Chess Pieces - Golden Rosewood.
The French series chessmen are the definition of elegant form and function and a well recognized Staunton design. Designed to withstand rigorous play, the quality, and craftsmanship are superior to many chessmen in the price range. This means you'll have a set that will delight the chess player game after game.
The sturdy pieces are heavily weighted for that amazing feel and have no delicate points to break or chip. Felted for smooth play and protection of a wooden chessboard surface, the boxwood and golden rosewood pieces are made by some of the world's best India craftsmen and are polished and stained for the wonderful look and feel you will enjoy for a long, long time.
If a piece is every lost, broken, or disabled by a house pet, Chess House can easily help you receive a replacement part even years later.
See chessboard options for recommended styles we have paired and photographed for your convenience.
Features and Specs
- Boxwood and Golden Rosewood
- King height: 3 7/8" (3.85" / 97.5 mm)
- King base: 1 7/16" (1.44" / 36.5 mm)
- King weight: 2.4 oz
- Pawn height: ~2" (1.97" / 50 mm)
- 37.4 oz set weight
- 32 Pieces + 2 Extra queens for that occasional pawn promotion
- Thick green felt bases
- Boxwood and Ebonized Boxwood
- Made in India
- Lifetime piece replacement with Chess House