SCRATCH & DENT: TASC Chess Tutorial 2 (CD) Chess Rules & Learn to Play Chess
Garage Sale items: These are deals on imperfect or one-of-a-kind items that may be new, but not regular stock. Imperfect... Read More
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About SCRATCH & DENT: TASC Chess Tutorial 2 (CD) Chess Rules & Learn to Play Chess.
Condition: Broken CD case, CD works great
Garage Sale items: These are deals on imperfect or one-of-a-kind items that may be new, but not regular stock. Imperfect items have small scratches or dents that disqualified them as new during our quality control checks at the warehouse. Defects may at times be hardly noticeable and at other times quite obvious. Effort is made to portray products accurately.
Original Item Description:
Ready to learn how to play chess? This chess tutor is for beginning and low level chess players. This software will teach you the basics of how the pieces move all the way to advanced strategies step by step. Chess teachers and coaches love this software and recommend it for students to use at school or home!
2600 chess positions teach and test your chess one step at a time. Each of the 5 steps in this chess tutor has multiple teaching and testing phases.
TASC Interactive Chess Tutorials: Five steps from Beginner to Expert! Each step, a stand alone, contains instructive text, examples, and hundreds of thematic positions to solve. Each position offers help in the form of hints and advice; the programs keep score for you, tracking your progress in each section.
- STEP 1: Rules and Basic Skills Great for children, beginners, and even experienced players interested in sharpening elementary skills.
- STEP 2: Combinations and Opening Strategy Slightly more advanced tactics and strategies, including some opening basics.
- STEP 3: Defense and Planning A guide to the tactics of defense and the basics of pawn structure and position based strategic planning.
- STEP 4: King's Attack and Advanced Combos Fairly complex tactical attacking ideas to test even the stronger players' skills.
- STEP 5: Tactics, Strategy, and Endgames The final chapter for those who aspire to mastery.
- System Requirements:
- Windows 3.x/95/98/NT4/2000/XP
- English, German, French, Dutch
- NOT compatible with Mac.
- Windows 7 compatible.
- NOTE: There are two other near worthless programs on the CD called Chessica and Dostutor which are not compatible with Windows 7 and are therefore not advertised. The WinTutor is the focus of this software and works fine on W7.
- No installation required (in fact cannot install) - runs from CD
- Scores and statistics are tracked.