A Startling Chess Opening Repertoire - Baker
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About A Startling Chess Opening Repertoire - Baker.
Tired of being surprised in the opening by your opponents? Horrified by the idea of studying many hours each week to keep up-to-date with main-line openings? Then this is the book for you! Here is a repertoire of opening lines for White, based on starting with Bobby Fischer's favorite move 1 e4, that are slightly off the beaten track, but full of practical sting and cunning traps for unwary opponents. All are based on rapid, healthy development, central control and play against the enemy king. You go straight from the opening into a sharp, little-explored middlegame where you will be better prepared than your opponent.
Author Chris Baker is a strong English player who achieved his final norm for the International Master title in the British League in 1995-96. He is a full-time chess trainer and a regular tournament competitor. This is his first book for Everyman Chess.
- 240 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: October 1998 (1st Edition)