Leading chess author Colin Crouch believes that the key to sustained chess improvement lies in the critical analysis and assessment of your own games. Each and every game you play provides a significant learning opportunity, and this opportunity should never be squandered. In this sequel to his highly acclaimed Why We Lose at Chess, Crouch examines what we should do to maximize our chess results and ratings, how to turn losses into draws, and draws into wins. Here he focuses on major issues such as improving decision making, how to plan after the opening, how to maintain objectivity, improving endgame skills, the psychological aspects of the game, and much more. Read this book, analyze your chess, and get ready to improve your results!
- An essential guide to chess improvement
- Valuable advice on planning, strategy and tactics
- Covers opening, middlegame and endgame play.
- 240 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: March 2011
- Colin Crouch convinces us with his own games and in his entertaining style that it is very useful to analyse your own games. Especially the lost ones, something even grandmasters don't like to do. - Bab en Truus Wilders - Nederlands Dagblad
- Sometimes tragic, often inspirational and never dull, Analyse Your Chess is one of the most original and thought provoking books of the year. - Sean Marsh