Battle of Bannockburn Chess Pieces - SACProduct Code: SACA187
- $249.00 USD
Save $51.00 USD
Select An Optional Board
In the Battle of Bannockburn chess set, the artists and sculptors of SAC have captured a pivotal moment in Scottish history. The patriotic quest of Robert the Bruce, King of Scots, to free his land of foreign domination reached its climax at the Battle of Bannockburn on 24th June 1314. By the summer of 1314 only Stirling Castle remained in the grip of Scotland's English overlords. It was just south of here at the Burn (or small stream) at Bannock that the Scottish Army prepared for the decisive set-piece battle against the army of King Edward II of England.
- History and description of chess pieces printed on fine parchment paper.
- Packaged in decorative cardboard box with formed tray for individual piece storage.
- These chessmen are made out of Polyresin, which is a crushed stone composite. It has the look and feel of stone, but the durability of a plastic. It is truly the best of both worlds.
- King size: 4 11/16"
- Pawn size: 3 1/8"
- Base size: 1 7/16"
- Brown felt bases
- King weight: 3.7 oz
- Entire set weight: 76.4 oz
- Material: Ground Stone (heavy and durable)
- Brown & Ivory Antiqued Finish
- We recommend a chess board with 2 1/4" squares.