Bird's Opening - TaylorProduct Code: 444025
About Bird's Opening - Taylor.
Bird's Opening is an underrated and dynamic choice for White that immediately directs the game into relatively unexplored territory, setting Black players early problems and forcing them to think for themselves rather than having the luxury of relying on the theory of more mainstream openings. It's also a very flexible option that can lead to both sharp gambit play, such as the notorious From's Gambit, as well as quieter positional lines.
In this book International Master Timothy Taylor unearths the secrets of Bird's Opening and its many deviations. Using illustrative games, he examines tactical and positional ideas for both colors and recommends the best paths in both the 'main lines' and the lesser-trodden paths. A study of this book will give the reader the required knowledge and confidence to play the Bird's Opening with either color.
- Written by a Bird's Opening expert
- A complete up-to-date survey on an active chess opening
- Ideal for club and tournament players
- 192 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: March, 2013
- It is obvious from Taylor's writing that he still has a sense of enthusiasm for chess that is both refreshing as well as inspiring. - Michael Jeffreys Chessville.com
- this is the only serious, relatively up-to-date book on Bird's Opening, and a highly readable one. - John Watson TWIC