Checkmate! My first chess book - Kasparov, G.
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Checkmate! My first chess book - Kasparov, G..
Discover all the various pieces--the king, the queen, the knights, the bishops and the pawns. Find out how the pieces move, the values of the chessmen, how to attack and how to defend, how to capture, how to employ special moves such as castling, how to write the moves down and, crucially, how to give check and deliver checkmate. Learn the numerous tricks and traps that you can set for your unwary opponents and, just as importantly, how to avoid falling into them yourself. Take a journey through this book and with the help of the world's best player, you will be ready for your first chess battle, be it against your mom or dad, your friends, your computer, on the Internet or in a competition.
- An ideal chess guide for beginners
- Covers all the crucial rules and aims
- Introduces all aspects of the game
- Written by a legend of the chess world
- 96 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: 2004
- Notation: Figurative