Checkmate Tactics - Kasparov, G.
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Checkmate Tactics - Kasparov, G..
Do you play chess socially (either at a club or with friends)? Do you understand the basics of the game? Would you now like to know how to regularly beat your opponents and move to the next level?
If so, then Checkmate Tactics is the book for you. Tactical play is the nitty-gritty of chess. It's the stuff that players are trying to work out when they say to themselves, "If I go there and he goes there ... and then I check him with the knight ... now, what can he do ... etc." At a social or weak club level, virtually 100% of games are decided for tactical reasons. If you want to play good chess you have to understand tactics. It's that simple! Checkmate Tactics, written by the greatest chess player of all time, will help you achieve this goal.
- 96 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: September 2010
- Checkmate Tactics is not a kiddy's book. It is an excellent basic tactics primer that any young person or adult serious about learning the game should study. If you already play chess, and have been stuck below Expert level for more than a couple of years, you might also consider returning to the basics and study this book. - David Surratt: Chessville.com