Chess King Standard 2017
The new Chess King Standard 2017 is considerably improved from the original Chess King  or 2011 or the Chess King 2 from 2013. It's also improved from the 2015 version of Chess King... Read More
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Chess King Standard 2017.
The new Chess King Standard 2017 is considerably improved from the original Chess King  or 2011 or the Chess King 2 from 2013. It's also improved from the 2015 version of Chess King Standard 2015 as it now is compatible with both Windows 10 and Mac OS 10.12 Sierra (or any previous Windows or Mac OS). It’s the perfect tool for any chess player to improve at chess. Provides a complete chess program at an unbelievable low price.
- Improved interface, new features (themes, whole game evaluation graph)
- Includes the new GigaKing 2017, Commented and Correspondence games with over 6 million games
- You now get for one low price BOTH PC and Mac versions with up to 4 activations allowed PC or Mac (previously Chess King 1 and 2 were only available for Windows PC’s, now also for Macs)
- Includes the Grandmaster engine Houdini 2 for Chess King - a chess engine with a rating above 3000 ELO
- Houdini 2 for Chess King is a 1 core engine specially developed to integrate well with Chess King and since it uses only 1 core it is compatible with older systems with fewer cores.
- PC and Mac friendly and multilingual (English, French, German, Spanish and Russian)
- PC version is compatible with all windows versions from XP, Vista, 7, 8 to the most recent Windows 10
- The Mac version is compatible with OS X 10.7 up to OS X 10.12 Sierra or previous
- Internet connection required only during installation for Houdini engine activation
Chess King Standard with Houdini 2 for Chess King is the new improved version for 2017 of the top selling Chess King  and Chess King 2 chess software. It is sold with both Mac and PC installers and allows up to 4 activations in any mix PC & Mac, for example 3 PC installations and 1 Mac installation. Chess King Standard includes Houdini 2 for Chess King grandmaster engine and the new updated 2017 GigaKing game database with over 6 million games, a database of commented games and the largest correspondence database, bringing the total of games included in Chess King Standard to 6.4 million games.
Play In Classical Mode
You can play at any level you choose, from a rating of 800 to 3200, either with white or black, and either for fun (not counting for rating, you can take back moves), or in rated mode. Your games will automatically be saved in your games database and you will be able to analyze them in detail with the Grandmaster engine Houdini 2 for Chess King to see what mistakes have been made.
Have Fun In Random Mode
The Random Mode is exclusive to Chess King, in which you can choose what advantage you want to start the game with and the number of pieces you want to have on the board. For example suppose you want to start with an advantage of +6 (the equivalent of 6 pawns advantage), Chess King will randomly select a starting position with the characteristics you decide and then you will play that position against Houdini 2 for Chess King at the highest level. Anybody should win with such a crushing starting advantage, but you’ll see it’s not that easy!
Setup Any Position
You can set up any position you like and then analyze it or even play it. However, Chess King Standard, since it contains Houdini 2, does not know the complex Chess960 castling rules and so cannot play this particular random game. If you’d like to play Chess960, it is recommended to get Silver or Gold Chess King.
Search In The GigaKing Database
Look out for games of your favorite players in the GigaKing database. For example a search for Magnus Carlsen will give 1,777 games including all the games he played in official tournaments and many of his published exhibition matches and simultaneous exhibitions.
Learn With Puzzle Mode
You will learn with the puzzle mode, with hundreds of exercises from beginner level until Grandmaster level. Chess King Standard will congratulate you for your success and tell you where you went wrong.
Huge Opening Tree
In the Analysis pane at the beginning of the game, either while analyzing some master game or when entering your own games in your own games database, you can follow the opening tree move by move to see what moves have been played in the whole history of chess and how much success they have had. It’s now easy to study a whole opening just by browsing opening moves, selecting lines, watching games of interest, and learning the ideas behind the opening moves.
Whole Game Evaluation Graph And Houdini 2 For Chess King Analysis
In the Analysis Pane after the opening stage one sees the game notation and comments, the whole game evaluation graph and below the best lines calculated by the engine Houdini 2 for Chess King. In this position below black could have taken the advantage by taking the pawn on e5, giving an evaluation of -0.86 (Black would have an advantage of close to 1 pawn equivalent), and instead played a bad move a4, which gave an evaluation of +0.49, which means white is up the equivalent of 1/2 pawn. With Chess King Standard you will know the best moves in each position.