Chess Tactics from Scratch: 2nd Edition - Weteschnik
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Chess Tactics from Scratch: 2nd Edition - Weteschnik.
An improved and expanded second edition of a modern classic. 'Chess is 99 per cent tactics' is an old saying. This may be an exaggeration, but even the remaining 1 per cent still depends on tactics. When Martin Weteschnik started working as a trainer in his local chess club, he quickly realized that even the stronger club players had great weaknesses in their tactical play. He also discovered that simply asking them to solve a huge number of puzzles did not fix the problem. These players clearly needed a good book, but when Weteschnik looked for it he found nothing suitable, so he decided to write it himself. But Weteschnik was not completely satisfied with the book and decided to restructure and rewrite it completely. The first edition of this book, Understanding Chess Tactics, was hailed as a modern classic. This expanded and improved second edition offers more puzzles to test the tactical chess skill that Weteschnik helps the reader develop.
- 344 Pages
- Publisher: Quality
- Published: February, 2012
- "The aim of the book is to help the reader 'recognize elementary patterns' and to show 'how to accurately find the elements of tactic, and work with them creatively.' Weteschnik more than meets his aim with Chess Tactics from Scratch and it is reasonable that lower-rated players could indeed improve by hundreds of rating points after studying this book in detail. Club and tournament players will also benefit a great deal. This book distinguishes itself as one of the best tactical primers available." - Michael McGuerty, ChessCafe.com
- "The second book that we wish to discuss is just as good, and I would say equally essential to anyone on their own path of improvement in every aspect of chess. This is a real gem, a masterpiece to be savoured. Every page and every word reflects the passion and immense love of the author for the subject matter. The title is 'Chess Tactics from Scratch', published by Quality Chess, and in a short space of time this excellent volume has reached its second edition, enlarged and enriched. 344 pages fresh from printing (February 2012!) and full of high quality (and how could it not be, given the ambitious name of the publisher?!?). The result is guaranteed: 'Satisfaction or your money back', I would say if I were the author!" - Martin Eden, Soloscacchi