In chess, braving the gap often leads to disaster after a few moves. We should be able to avoid things going so far. The Chess Base Opening Encylopedia offers you an effective remedy against all sorts of semi-digested knowledge and a means of building up a comprehensive and powerful repertoire.
Complete: the Opening Encyclopedia 2016 features complete coverage of all opening areas on a single DVD and constitutesthe best possible introduction to opening training.
Well Informed: many renowned specialists in their own area of expertise have contributed to this Chess Base Opening Encyclopedia, e.g. Avrukh, Berg, Gormally, Krasenkow, Kritz, Kuzmin, Marin, Moskalenko, Postny, Ribli, Rogozenko, Stohl, Sumets and Szabo.
Unique: club players regularly find in Chess Base Magazine's up-to-date openings articles (introductory text and annotated games) exciting ideas for their repertoire. You can now find brought together on this single DVD all 931 articles from over 15 years of Chess Base Magazine (up to and including the February 2016 issue)!
Crystal Clear: for each of the 500 openings (according to the ECO-code) there is at least one opening survey; total number now is 5900. Out of those, more than 350 have been up-dated for this new edition of the encyclopedia.
Inexhaustible: database with over 5.6 million, more than 84,000 games are annotated.
- over 5.6 million games, all featuring ECO codes
- more than 84,000 of them annotated
- 5,900 opening surveys, many of which have been brought up to date
- access to the games via the large opening key
- 931 specialized theory databases
- large opening book of all the games to give you a quick overview and statistics
- the Chess Base Reader 2013 for access to the whole content of the DVD
System Requirements: Pentium Processor 300 MHz or higher, 64 MB RAM, Windows 7 or 8.1, Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 10, DVD-ROM drive