Dangerous Weapons: The Ruy Lopez - Emms / Kosten / CoxProduct Code: 446913
About Dangerous Weapons: The Ruy Lopez - Emms / Kosten / Cox.
Do you need to freshen up your chess openings? Stun your opponents with new and exciting ideas! Dangerous Weapons is a series of opening books which supply the reader with an abundance of hard-hitting ideas to revitalize his or her opening repertoire. In this book, three opening experts team up and take a contemporary look at the Ruy Lopez, one of the most popular chess openings. Instead of analyzing the well-trodden main lines they concentrate on fresh or little-explored variations, selecting a wealth of dangerous options for both colors. Whether playing White or Black, a study of this book will leave you confident and fully-armed, and your opponents running for cover!
- A modern study of the Ruy Lopez
- Packed with original ideas and analysis
- Ideal weapons to shock your opponents
- 158 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: October 1997
- Dangerous Weapons: The Ruy Lopez will be useful to a wide range of players, primarily in the rating range 1800 on up. Recommended - John Donaldson - Jeremysilman.com/Chess Today
- It is subject to individual taste as to whether the author trio picked the right lines. I think they have done an excellent job at locating very diverse, daring, and fascinating lines with plenty of scope for fresh explorations and rich play. The analysis, in the places that I have tested it, is completely up-to-scratch, and their evaluations seem for the most part to be objective. So, if you are in the market for some fresh ideas to inject into a stale repertoire, then this book is definitely worth picking up. It has plenty of ideas that can be used both as a surprise weapon in an individual game or as a staple in your repertoire. (***** out of 6) - Carsten Hansen - ChessCafe.com