Dynamic Pawn Play in Chess - Marovic
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 8946 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Dynamic Pawn Play in Chess - Marovic.
This follow-up to the author's successful Understanding Pawn Play in Chess addresses issues that are central to understanding chess by tackling fundamental questions such as "How should pawns be used to fight for the center?" and "How does the central pawn-formation affect planning for both sides?"
Marovic discusses central pawn-structures and their impact on play both in the center and on the wings. He also surveys how the pawn's role in controlling the center has developed over the past 150 years, and how this has led to the refinement of concepts such as the dynamic backward pawn and the positional exchange sacrifice.
- 256 Pages
- Publisher: Gambit
- Published: 2001
- Notation: Figurine Notation