From the full-size tournament style Grandmaster chessmen, hand carved by master artisans from only high grade woods to the Pennsylvania handcrafted solid wood boards, responsibly and locally sourced from premium walnut and maple, this combination is made to last.
The pieces truly combine finesse and function - elegance amid frequent chess matches, heavily weighted for a superb chess playing experience and beautifully finished complete with a luxurious billiard felt base. The robust design can withstand rigorous chess games with no delicate points to break or chip.
JLP Chess boards are produced with the highest quality standards and have been developed with a deep understanding of wood movement after it has been cut. Due to the circular ringed nature of a tree, the direction of cuts is very important to the natural expansion and contraction of the wood as humidity levels change from one environment to another. This unique expansion of both woods used in this work of art, require great attention in every phase.
Surrounded by such luxury and skillful design, you can be sure that this set will help foster an awe for the game and revive great memories shared around the game.
- King height: 3 7/8" (3.88" / 99mm)
- King base: 1 11/16" (1.68" / 42.5mm)
- King weight: 2.4 oz
- Pawn height: 1 13/16" (1.81" / 46mm)
- Pawn base: 1 1/8" (1.13" / 29mm)
- Set weight: 40 oz
- 32 Pieces + 2 Extra queens for that occasional pawn promotion
- Thick green felt bases
- Made in India
- Size: 21" square chess board with 2.25" squares, 3/4" thickness, it's ideally suited to standard 3 3/4" to 4.25" tall chess men.
- 21" square solid maple and walnut chess board with 2" squares, 3/4" thickness, it's ideally suited to standard 3 3/4" to 4" set of chess men.