Improve Your Positional Chess - Hansen, C.
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Improve Your Positional Chess - Hansen, C..
Good positional skills are primarily developed by experience, but they can also be learned. In this book, Carsten Hansen provides a wealth of advice and ideas that will help give readers a helping hand up to new levels of positional understanding. Paramount in this discussion is the player's need to weigh up positional elements at the board, and decide which are most important for the situation at hand.
Author Carsten Hansen is a FIDE Master from Denmark who currently lives in the USA. He has a reputation for writing well-researched books on major chess topics and is know to many through his painstaking book reviews on the Internet. This is his fourth book for Gambit.
- The quest for weaknesses
- What is the initiative?
- Understanding imbalances
- The relative value of the pieces
- Decisions regarding pawn-structures
- Structural weaknesses
- Where and how to attack
- 192 Pages
- Publisher: Gambit
- Publications: April, 2005
- 9.7 x 6.7 x 0.7 inches