Kings, Commoners, and Knaves - Winter
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Kings, Commoners, and Knaves - Winter.
A cornucopia of games, positions, biographies, mysteries, howlers, reviews, quotations, etc., featuring a cast of hundreds from the chess world of today and yesteryear - the champions and the under-achievers; the scholars and the bunglers. Every page provides fascinating, little-known material from an author who is prepared to name names.
- 452 Pages
- Publisher: Russell Enterprises
- Published: August, 2001
- Notation: Figurine Notation
- "Probably the most meticulous and diligent researcher and chess writer around. ...Winter's brilliantly scathing style, always adopted in the noble cause of accuracy, gives his writings a marvelously entertaining as well as instructive quality." - William Harston, The Independent
- "This is a chess book to enjoy and cherish. Combining scholarly and lively writing, it is uncommonly well-researched and well-written, and has that delightful undercurrent of humor and wit that has always graced Winters writings. Kings, Commoners, and Knaves is a rare chess book, to be treasured for years to come."