A unique large 925 sterling silver (NOT silver plated) biblical chess set, Judaica.
Comprised of 32 highly detailed and outstanding biblical style pieces, 16 made of sterling silver and 16 made of gilded sterling silver.
- the pawns are Macabim soldiers
- the rooks are small castles
- the knights are camels
- the bishops are the famous biblical spies carrying a grape cluster
- the kings are Moses holding the Decalogue
- the queens are Miriam.
The wooden case is beautifully ornamented on the sides with a relief scenery depicting the Holy City of Jerusalem, it is topped by a removable wooden cover, set with a silvered and gilded metal playing board, removable by pressing down on two corners.
This set was made in the electroforming method.
- Pawn height: 2.4in. / 6.1cm.
- King height: 3.6in. / 9.1cm.
- Board: Length: 20.5in. / 52.07cm.
- Board: Width: 20.5in. / 52.07cm.
- Board: Height: 3.5in. / 8.9cm.
- Weight: 7590gr. / 244.024oz.
- Marks: 925 for sterling silver and maker