Receive your order on time for Christmas! (View Cart for Details)Product Code: 446975
Lessons with a Grandmaster 2: Improve your tactical vision and dynamic play - Gulko
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 8946 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Lessons with a Grandmaster 2: Improve your tactical vision and dynamic play - Gulko.
Imagine you are a club player who has been given the opportunity to talk at length with a famous Grandmaster. How would you make the most of this opportunity? This book is the much anticipated follow-up to the highly acclaimed and award-nominated Lessons with a Grandmaster. It bridges the gap between great player and amateur through a series of conversations between teacher, the renowned Grandmaster Boris Gulko, and student Dr. Joel R. Sneed, a professor of psychology and amateur chess player. The lessons are based on Gulko's own battles against fellow Grandmasters. This second volume focuses on dynamic chess, developing chess imagination, the capacity to take risks, the ability to simultaneously attack and defend, and perhaps above all, the ability to visualize the chess board and calculate combinations in sharp positions.
- Learn from the chess games of Boris Gulko
- Typical questions you would ask a Grandmaster, answered!
- Improve your tactical play and visualization
- 304 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: October 2012
- Following its predecessor, and recommended for every chess player. - Martin Reiger: Rochade Europa/Schach Zeitung
- All of the games are well-annotated but what sets this book apart are the questions and comments that Snead makes which draw Gulko out. This book couldn't have been written without the active participation of both parties. - John Donaldson: Jeremysilman.com/Chess Today
- Lessons with a Grandmaster II is a book to be savored for its ideological analysis of tactical chess. This is a book about seeing, discovering, thinking, and creating. Gulko is a wizard of the imagination. Even though volume two is a book about tactics, it is obvious that Gulko transitions seamlessly between tactical, strategic, and positional considerations. For Boris, these elements flow freely through the board like an endless current. The flow of his critical thought and imagination seem at times separate, yet somehow one and the same. In positions that seem indefinably mysterious, Gulko's insight strikes with the flash and recognition of lightning. And he conducts each session with verve and enthusiasm. Readers who like a warm approach to learning chess, or who get lost in long lines of analysis, will welcome the understandable format and practical approach of these books by Gulko and Sneed. The grandmaster and his talented sidekick are back. They are at the board, shuffling and analyzing. But these lessons are for us. This is learning at its best. ****** (out of 6) - John D Warth: ChessCafe.com
- Reading this book is the closest you can come with having a Grandmaster give you live chess lessons. I think GM Gulko & Dr Sneed have written a keeper of a book for all chess players under 2200. - Harvey Lerman: Florida Chess
- This book is as good as its predecessor. Well-annotated, high quality games provide the richest source of educational material in chess, a fund of instruction and insight. A study of these 30 games of exceptional depth and beauty cannot fail to improve your chess. - Paul Kane: Manchester Chess Federation