The Collector's Edition King Exclusive Chess960 is a versatile chess computer offering an impressive set of features suitable for a wide range of needs, covering the beginner to the serious studying professional.
Setting up a position to play or solve a “Mate in” problem is easy thanks to the auto-recognition board and pieces. Play is smooth and uninterrupted and focus can remain exclusively on the board thanks to integrated LEDs to indicate moves.
Beside the featured game variant "Chess960" or "Fischer Random Chess" the software also offers, among other things, 7 additional opening books. Unlike any other chess computer currently made, it displays actual opening names along with ECO codes and suggests moves within the opening so that you can train specific openings!
The set consists of the Millennium Exclusive sensor board with auto piece recognition, hand carved solid wood pieces, the chess computer module "The King Element" and power adapter.
The chess computer displays a “The King 960 Edition” identifying plate and a unique laser-engraved serial number. And not to miss a detail, the special collector's storage box with 2 colored foil stamps adds a nice touch.
Millennium has Limited the production quantity to 250.
Exclusive is engineered in Germany following many years of careful listening and discussion with avid players and computer enthusiasts. These people helped architect the ultimate hands-on chess game for the home.
For example, it was found that the most comfortable size chessboard (smaller than tournament and larger than portable sizes) would measure just under 16" (40cm) square. And it would be beautiful. The handmade, elegant wooden sensor-board is exactly that - attractive to display.
The ideal chess computer doesn't require you to press down on the squares. That's why built-in, fully-automatic piece detection is achieved with new rapid-sensing technology.
The computer unit is located in a separate cabinet with a generously sized display. It offers numerous display options similar to the earlier world-class computers from Mephisto, and of course chess timing during a match.
The cable connection between the clock and board makes it possible to exchange the hardware module and make future software updates via USB.
It's powered by an ARM Cortex M7 processor with 300 MHz and a significantly increased Flash and RAM-memory serves as motor for the hardware.
Estimated tournament strength of the ChessGenius Exclusive range between 2350 and 2400 ELO which even surpasses the performance level of the legendary Mephisto world champion computers
Thanks to this a new era of development in Munich, Germany, the Exclusive is being enjoyed by chess computer enthusiasts all over the world.
The Millennium ChessLink further expands the Exclusive with connectivity to tablet, PC and more!
- Board size approx: 15.75" x 15.75" x .78" (40 x 40 x 2 cm)
- Hardware: ARM Cortex M7 / 300MHz / 2048 KB ROM / 384 KB RAM
- Handcrafted wooden board with automatic rapid piece detection sensors
- Display of chess moves: 81 single-field LED (each 4 per field)
- Display in LCD: separate chess clock-module with very large display (73 x 39 mm), adjustable back-lighting and flexible display options (Chess clock, multi-line Info- displays, entire chess field)
- Future expansion with software updates via USB-interface
- Hardware module can be replaced entirely
- Options for the USB interface: memorizing of parties, optional download of opening libraries, firmware- updates or engines
- Power supply and connection with adapters for international sockets
- Programmed by Richard Lang, based on popular world-champion programs
- Playing strength > 2300 ELO (tournament level)
- Various playing levels suitable for advanced players, very good club- and tournament players up to international tournament levels
- Levels - challenging; fun (computer blunders); easy (limit of the calculated positions); speed; tournament with or without Fischer-clock, etc
- CPU speed: 50-300 MHz adjustable
- Opening library range between Classic London Book (57,000 Positions) such as the new Master Book (>300,000 Positions) by M. Uniacke
- Menu: cursor-guided display with 5 lines, plus scrolling
- 7 languages (it can default to German on first play, so watch prompts carefully to choose desired language, especially if English)
- 2 player mode play and analyzing
- Chess trainer includes extensive warning and help functions.
Many extensive features
- Display of hint moves, position evaluation and main variant, permanent brain calculations, move number, depth of the calculation and the number of calculated shifts
- Various playing modes
- Position control with board display
- Analyzing mode with many options
- Auto- playing mode
- Alternative variation moves
- Settings for display contrast, reverse board, calculator speed, position of chess clock left or right, and more
Included in Box
- Wooden sensory chessboard
- Wooden chessmen
- Chess computer module
- Power supply with adapters EU/GB/US (240V / 110V)
- Connection cables
- Printed Manual. See also Manual Download (PDF)
I didn't have a wide selection of Chess computers from which to choose due to the Christmas rush and the Queen's Gambit, but I am happy with this purchase. I haven't played chess in many years and have never studied the game. The first time I played against the computer on the Easy level, I lost badly. After reading the instructions, I found the Fun level and different levels of Easy and am almost winning easy games. I recently came across the problem of a pawn not being promoted to a Queen so I guess it's back to the instructions to find out why.
Did a lot of searching during December time for this chess set for Christmas and chess house price was lower price then the rest and they delivered it in perfect condition on time they make you aware that you made a purchase and will keep you up to date on delivery shipping very happy that I was able to support this Buisnes and got a awesome chess game
I had been looking for a number of years at DGT boards but the price seemed high. What you get with Millennium is a very capable engine(s) and a fine wooden board and pieces. While the quality is probably not as high as DGT, the affordability is a real deal-maker! I ordered this unit while Chesshouse was backordering them, but I only had to wait 3 weeks to get the board shipped. Very good service from Chesshouse. Buyers take note: my unit was shipped with version 1.21 of the software. I noticed from the manual that quite a few features were missing. Millenium's current version is 1.41 and comes with many more features and "expert" mode. The buyer will have to do a firmware update to access these features. The instructions along with the software needed are all located on Millenium's website. After the update a few random glitches All in all a great player when you need one!!
First I will say that while I have been playing chess for over 20 years it has been off and on and never with any real competition. I am good enough to beat most average people who know how to play chess but I am certain if I entered a tournament even the least adequate player there would destroy me. I have always wanted to get better but did not have the time to join a local club and I am not a fan of playing on anything but a real board. Once I found out about electronic boards I knew I just had to get one and after lots of research the Fisher Random Millennium King board was the one for me. ChessHouse had by far the best pricing and ease of purchase, and once ordered it got to me in quick order without a scratch. Once I got it open, read the instruction, and watched a few videos online I was ready to play. This board is phenomenal, I chose it because I did not want a board where I had to push the piece down into the board for recognition. This board having the auto RFID recognition makes it feel like a completely normal game of chess. Now foe the King Element: this computer is well beyond my current needs but due to its fantastic customization I have been able to pair it down to my level where it is fun to learn and get better. There is so much customization that after I blasted through the fun levels and the first easy level I was then able to customize the next level to where it wasn't demolishing me quickly and I am able to learn and grow my skills moving forward. The tutor function and the ease to which I can take back a bonehead move and really analyze where I went wrong is what really helps me learn. I have yet to plug it in and download my games for real analysis but if its as seamless as the rest of the functions I cant see there being a problem. So far this entire experience has been a 10/10 for me. Finally the look and feel of the board and the pieces is just like a legit high end chess board, if you never plugged it in or saw it turn on (with its lights) it would be hard to tell it was an electronic board. I will update my review in a few weeks to months to really give you my long term thoughts.
Extremely disappointed. I can not play this chess game because the board will not let you move until all the pieces are in the correct square. Unfortunately my board does not recognize both bishops at their starting positions( C8 and C1). The squares stay lit and sometimes blink off, but eventually come back on. As long as they are lit you can not move anything further. Also, it's not the pieces causing the issue because I was lucky enough to get halfway thru a game, and any other piece on those squares are also not recognized, making it impossible to play a full game.. I basically paid $750 for the chore of having to repackage and send it back in hopes of getting my money back. Save yourself the energy and money by getting a free chess app.
Free 30 minute Live Online Lesson with expert coach
when you purchase a chess set.
Other Popular Categories You May Like
AllProductsOver150 AllProductsOver25 AllProductsOver300 AllProductsOver5 ALLProductsOver75 New Products Newest Products Search All Products
Why Chess House?
of vetted products
and worldwide shipping
90 Day Guarantee, Easy Returns
Easy Replacement Parts
if you ever need it