The Modern Defence leads to sharp and dynamic positions from the very first moves. Black concedes space in the center with a view to launching a counter-attack based on his powerful bishop finachetto. When it works, the Modern Defence is truly a spectacular weapon, and this book will show you how you can put it to use in your own games.
- Grandmaster Jon Speelman is a former World Championship semi-finalist and has the reputation of being one of the world's most creative players.
- Grandmaster Neil McDonald is highly regarded as an author and coach.
- Up-to-date coverage of the enterprising Modern Defence
- Explains the basic elements, strategies and tactics for both sides
- Deals with every important variation
- Expert guidance by two of England's most popular chess authors
- 144 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: 2000
- Notation: Figurine Notation