Play the Queen's Gambit - Ward
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Play the Queen's Gambit - Ward.
The Queen's Gambit is one of the most important openings in chess. It has a long and distinguished history and has been played by virtually all the strongest Grandmasters: Garry Kasparov, Vladimir Kramnik, Anatoly Karpov, Vishy Anand -- the list goes on and on! From the very beginning White develops actively, takes the initiative and strives to dominate the center. Most agree that the Queen's Gambit is White's best chance for an opening advantage after 1 d4 d5. Despite its many advantages, some prospective Queen's Gambit players are put out by the possibility of having to learn a labyrinth of different variations. In Play the Queen's Gambit, Chris Ward solves this problem by presenting the reader with a concise and workable repertoire, offering a solution against each of Black's possible defenses, whether it's a critical major variation or a tricky sideline. Ward examines the tactical and strategic motifs for both players and arms the reader with enough information and self-assurance to begin playing the Queen's Gambit in his or her own games.
Author Chris Ward is a Grandmaster and a former British Champion. He is also a highly successful coach and a popular author thanks to his attractive and humorous style. His earlier works for Everyman Chess include Unusual Queen's Gambit Declined and the best-selling Improve Your Opening Play.
- Explains an opening favored by the world's elite
- Written by a renowned Queen's Gambit expert
- Covers all of Black's defenses
- Ideal for club and tournament players
- 192 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: 2006