Receive your order on time for Christmas! (View Cart for Details)Product Code: 6542
Ruy Lopez Exchange - Panczyk
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 8946 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Ruy Lopez Exchange - Panczyk.
It has provided the battle scene for many heavyweight clashes between world's elite, including (among others) Alexei Shirov, Jan Timman, Nigel Short and Michael Adams. Very early on in the game, a distinctive pawn structure is obtained, and in this particular opening it's the understanding of key ideas, plans and structures that's more important than the memorization of long theoretical variations.
In this book, noted opening theoreticians Krzysztof Panczyk and Jacek Ilczuk explain the crucial strategies and tactics of the Ruy Lopez Exchange. Using model games for both White and Black, the authors provide a thorough schooling in the key ideas of both the fashionable lines and the more offbeat variations. In this way, players of all standards can quickly and confidently begin to play the Ruy Lopez Exchange with either color in their own games.
About the authors
- Krzysztof Panczyk is an International Master from Poland. He is a frequent visitor to Britain, playing in both international tournaments and the British League. Earlier works for Everyman Chess include Archangel and New Archangel, which he co-authored with John Emms.
- Jacek Ilczuk is a noted theoretician and powerful correspondence player who was a recent semi-finalist in the email World Championship. This is his second book for Everyman Chess, having also co-authored Offbeat Kings Indian with Panczyk.
- An opening originally championed by the great Bobby Fischer
- Ideal for club and tournament players
- Start playing the opening right away
- 192 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: 2005
- Notation: Figurative