Secrets of Pawn Endings - Muller & Lamprecht
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Secrets of Pawn Endings - Muller & Lamprecht.
This book provides a thorough course in endings with just kings and pawns, from the simple to the highly complex. Armed with this knowledge, the reader will also be able to tackle other types of endgame with greater confidence and certainty. Many interesting and beautiful positions are included, and there are test positions for the reader to solve. The authors follow the rigorously logical conventions introduced by John Nunn in his famous series of endgame manuals. This has necessitated a phenomenal amount of new analysis of theoretical positions to assess precisely the merits of each and every move.
Authors Karsten Muller is a grandmaster from Germany, who competes regularly in the Bundesliga and international events. He finished third in the German Championship in 1996, and was runner-up in 1997. He is a noted authority on both practical and theoretical endgames. Frank Lamprecht is also from Germany, and is an international master. He has been a chess trainer since 1983. Muller and Lamprecht won the British Chess Federation Book of the Year Award in 2002 for Fundamental Chess Endings.
- A comprehensive and authoritative guide to the most fundamental type of endgame
- Includes puzzle positions to test the reader's understanding
- Makes use of computer software specifically geared to pawn endings
- Logically organized in user-friendly fashion
- 287 Pages
- Publisher: Gambit
- Published: April, 2008
- 8.2 x 5.7 x 0.8 inches