A Chess Olympic Gold Medal winner explains how you can dramatically improve your chess results. What is the best way to improve your chess results? Memorizing an opening encyclopaedia, learning endgame theory, solving puzzle positions ... there must be an easier way. How about making the most of your existing talent? In a new and enlarged edition of a highly popular work, John Nunn helps you to do precisely that.
Drawing upon more than three decades of experience, he provides advice that will help players of all standards, playing styles and temperaments to achieve improved results. His methods take into account psychological factors and are firmly based on good common sense and the objectivity that has made John Nunn one of the world's favourite writers on chess.
Author John Nunn is a grandmaster from England. He has won four individual gold medals and three team silver medals at Chess Olympiads. In the Chess World Cup of 1988/9, he finished sixth overall, ahead of several former World Champions. He is arguably the most highly acclaimed chess writer in the world - his first two volumes covering his best games both won the prestigious British Chess Federation Book of the Year Award. In 2004 he won the World Chess Solving Championship, ahead of many former champions.
- 224 Pages
- Publisher: Gambit
- Published: 2007
- "Delightfully illustrated by game and game fragments ... one of the best books for the aspiring player that I have seen" - Ivor Annetts, En Passant
- "The tips Nunn has in store will definitely prove helpful in improving the aspiring student's chess results. Fans of the Latvian Gambit: watch out" - New in Chess
- "Never before has Dr. John shared so much of his great chess experience for the benefit of club players" - Chess Magazine
- "An invaluable primer for any player seeking to improve his competitive results ... highly recommended" - John Hurley, Sunday Tribune
- "Destined to become a classic of its kind" - Philip Trussler, Westward Ho
- "Literally thousands of fascinating ideas and very practical tips that will greatly increase one's knowledge and reasoning powers" - Paul Motwani, The Scotsman
- "Most informative...shows how any player can improve" - Ken Bloodworth, Western Morning News
- "I'm sure I would have done better as a player with the benefit of Nunn's advice on avoiding time pressure" - Leonard Barden, The Guardian
- "It is still the likes of Dr John "The Swot" Nunn who produce the finest works... his latest offering is no exception" - David Norwood, Daily Telegraph
- "An extremely sensible and pragmatic book from one of the World's most popular writers" - Adam Raoof, Ceefax
Series: Gambit Publishing
Opening: Latvian Gambit
Other Popular Categories You May Like
AllProductsOver5 Chess Books Title / Media History New Products Newest Products Search All Products
Why Chess House?
of vetted products
and worldwide shipping
90 Day Guarantee, Easy Returns
Easy Replacement Parts
if you ever need it