Square One - Pandolfini
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Square One - Pandolfini.
Filled with hundreds of questions and answers, fill-in-the-blanks, and true-or-false posers, Square One combines traditional chess drills with diverting games and problems to stimulate the analytical skills of beginners of all ages. Besides covering the basics--the board, moves, rules, and notation--Square One goes on to include information on attacks, checkmate, draws, and special rules, giving the beginner a broad overview of the game. With more than 200 instructional diagrams, and answers to all questions and problems, it is a complete workbook for chess players starting at square one.
Author Bruce Pandolfini is a National Master in U.S. chess competition and the creator of the popular Fireside Chess Library. He lives in New York City.
- 254 Pages
- Publisher: Fireside
- Published: 1994
- Notation: Algebraic Notation