Starting Out: Pawn Endgames - Flear
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Starting Out: Pawn Endgames - Flear.
In this easy-to-read guide, Grandmaster and distinguished endgames expert Glenn Flear focuses on the very basics of pawn endings. Beginning with the simplest of positions and only gradually working through to more challenging material, Flear outlines the key principles and rules, and demonstrates how these work in practical examples. As one of the priorities of such endings is to promote pawns to queens, Flear additionally deals with queen endings that arise naturally from the simpler form. As is commonplace with the renowned Starting Out series, there are an abundance of notes, tips and warnings throughout the book to help the improving player. Starting Out: Pawn Endgames is perfect for those who have previously honed their chess skills with the earlier books Starting Out in Chess, Tips for Young Players and Improve Your Endgame Play.
Author English Grandmaster Glenn Flear is one of the most popular professionals on the international tournament circuit. Flear is an experienced trainer and has coached some of Britain's leading junior players. He also has many chess books to his name. Recent works include Test Your Endgame Thinking and the ...a6 Slav.
- Covers all crucial pawn endings
- Easy step-by-step guide to better endgame play
- Ideal for the improving player
- Innovative layout to help readers absorb the key ideas
- 192 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: November, 2004
- 9.6 x 6.8 x 0.6 inches