Starting Out: The Reti - McDonald
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Starting Out: The Reti - McDonald.
The Reti is a popular opening at all levels of chess. The great advantage it possesses over other openings is that it's a thematic system which can be adopted against many different defenses, and because of this it's a firm favorite amongst those who prefer the understanding of ideas over dry memorization of moves. In this book, Grandmaster Neil McDonald examines the Reti by going back to basics, introducing the key moves and ideas, and taking care to explain the reasoning behind them - something that has often been neglected or taken for granted in other works. The Starting Out series has firmly established itself as the leading guide to studying openings for up-and-coming chess players. These books are ideal for enthusiasts who don't necessarily have extensive knowledge of the openings in question and who wish to appreciate the essential principles behind them.
- User-friendly design to assist readers
- Concentrates on the fundamental principles of the openings
- Ideal for improvers, club players and tournament players.
- 208 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: February 2010
- Recommended for those who want to learn and understand the Reti opening right from the start. www.bdf-fernschachbund.de
- An essential guide to the Reti. Gary Lane - Chess Moves (ECF Magazine)
- ...the book is worth reading for the material on the delayed exchange (1.Nf3 d5 2.c4 e6 3.g3 dxc4) and the Closed Reti (1.Nf3 d5 2.c4 e6 3.g3 Nf6). I like McDonald's books quite a bit and this is another great piece of work from him. Bill McGeary - Chessville.com