Survival Guide for Chess Parents - Jones, T.
About the Survival Guide for Chess Parents - Jones, T.
In Survival Guide For Chess Parents, Tanya Jones concentrates on the numerous aspects of being a "chess parent" and answers the many questions facing those with chess-playing children. There's certainly more to this than meets the eye. Jones also tackles aspects such as chess and education, plus the ever increasing role of computers and the Internet. Whether your child is just starting out in the game or is a budding prodigy, this book is essential reading.
Solve problems such as:
- How can I help in the very early stages?
- How do I find suitable clubs and tournaments?
- Should I watch when he or she is playing?
- How do I find a good chess coach?
- A complete guide for the chess parent
- Explains the intricacies of tournament rules
- Tackles the subject of rating and grades
- 175 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: 2003
- Notation: Algebraic Notation