Ready to learn how to play chess? This chess tutor is for beginning and intermediate chess players. This software will teach you the basics of how the pieces move all the way to advanced strategies step by step. Chess teachers and coaches love this software and recommend it for students to use at school or home!
2600 chess positions teach and test your chess one step at a time, keeping track of your score and statistics. Each of the 5 steps in this chess tutor has multiple teaching and testing phases.
TASC Interactive Chess Tutorials: Five steps from Beginner to Expert! Each step, a stand alone, contains instructive text, examples, and hundreds of thematic positions to solve. Each position offers help in the form of hints and advice; the programs keep score for you, tracking your progress in each section.
- STEP 1: Rules and Basic Skills Great for children, beginners, and even experienced players interested in sharpening elementary skills.
- STEP 2: Combinations and Opening Strategy Slightly more advanced tactics and strategies, including some opening basics.
- STEP 3: Defense and Planning A guide to the tactics of defense and the basics of pawn structure and position based strategic planning.
- STEP 4: King's Attack and Advanced Combos Fairly complex tactical attacking ideas to test even the stronger players' skills.
- STEP 5: Tactics, Strategy, and Endgames The final chapter for those who aspire to mastery.
- System Requirements: Windows. Run Wintutor.exe from CD. No installation required and runs from CD. (Note there are two other programs on the CD that are obsolete called Chessica and Dostutor which are not compatible with most versions of Windows are therefore not advertised.
- English, German, French, Dutch
A useful tool in teaching children to learn/master chess.
I found that the TASC Chess Tutorial CD to be a real helpful learning tool. I am now using it all the time.
I received TASC as a bonus gift for a major online purchase several years ago. As it turned out, TASC quickly became one of my favorite tutorial videos even though I am neither a beginner nor a novice. It is straight forward, fun, and very effective as a learning and practice tool.
If you are a beginner, it WILL help you.
It is amazing how fast this training program takes you from the very simple stuff to the very advanced one, without loosing you in the path! Recommended!
This was exactly what I was looking for. It is an interactive CD that teaches you lessons and tests your ability.I am slowly running through the lessons but it has made me a better chess player and opened my eyes.For [$] this is much cheaper and better that a coach.Well worth the money!