The Complete Idiot's Guide to Chess 3rd Edition - Wolff
About the The Complete Idiot's Guide to Chess 3rd Edition - Wolff
You're no idiot, of course. You know that chess is perhaps the most enjoyable--and challenging--game in the world. For those who play, chess provides a lifetime of fun. But how do you make the first move to learn the rules--or improve beyond feeling like a pawn? Don't cry checkmate just yet. The Complete Idiot's Guide to Chess, Third Edition, will guide your every move across the board.
Learn from a Grandmaster how to
- Castle your King as soon as possible.
- Get the jump on your opponent in the first 10 moves.
- Protect your pieces from capture--and capture your opponent's pieces.
- Recognize when it's time to attack and when it's crucial to defend.
- Find the hidden winning possibilities when your opponent thinks the game is a draw.
- Recognize your opponent's weaknesses--and your own.
- Play chess online or via e-mail.
- An introduction to chess pieces--Pawn, Knight, Bishop, Rook, Queen, and King--and a complete, easy-to-follow explanation of all the rules.
- Hundreds of diagrams throughout so you can easily follow the book's instructions.
- Comprehensive instruction on the same winning tactics and strategies used by Grandmasters.
- Up-to-date information about computer chess--on your PC or in the palm of your hand.
- 428 Pages
- Publisher: Alpha Books
- Published: May, 2005
- Notation: Algebraic Notation