The English: Move by Move - GiddinsProduct Code: 446999
About The English: Move by Move - Giddins.
This series provides an ideal platform to study chess openings. By continually challenging the reader to answer probing questions throughout the book, the Move by Move format greatly encourages the learning and practicing of vital skills just as much as the traditional assimilation of opening knowledge. Carefully selected questions and answers are designed to keep you actively involved and allow you to monitor your progress as you learn. This is an excellent way to study any chess opening and at the same time improve your general chess skills and knowledge. The English Opening is a popular choice, from club level all the way through to world champions. Its flexibility allows players to choose from a number of different set-ups - positional or aggressive, classical or hyper-modern. It also appeals to those who prefer learning opening ideas to memorizing reams of theory. In this book, Steve Giddins invites you to join him in studying the English and its many variations. He examines instructive games, covers the most important lines and provides answers to all the key questions.
- Essential guidance and training in the English System
- Utilizes an ideal approach to chess study
- Discusses move orders and repertoire options
- 272 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: June 2012
- "The author set out what he was aiming for and found the mark. This book would be a great starter for anyone of about 1600 USCF and up who are looking for an opening to play with the White pieces." - NM Bill McGeary: Chessville.com
- "The English: Move by Move can be recommended to players from 1800 to 2220 (and possibly 2400 depending on their familiarity with the opening) that are looking for an introductory work to help them learn both the main ideas and subtleties of 1.c4. highly recommended." - John Donaldson: Chess Today