The Greatest Ever Chess Tricks and Traps - Lane
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About The Greatest Ever Chess Tricks and Traps - Lane.
There is no easier way to win a game of chess than by luring your opponent into a devious trap. Similarly, there's nothing worse than being the one on the receiving end. Tricks, traps and swindles lie in wait everywhere, especially so in the opening phase of the game, and many battles can be won or saved simply through learning and mastering the most important ones. In this instructive and fun book, Gary Lane looks back though chess history and at modern times to create a list of his own favorite tricks and traps. Selecting from hundreds of contenders, Lane examines a variety of factors in order to decide which ideas are most worthy of inclusion. Discover the stories behind the most cunning tricks and traps of all time; how you can utilize them to score easy wins; and how you can avoid being tricked yourself.
Author Gary Lane is an International Master and an experienced and successful player on the international tournament circuit. He qualified to compete at the World Cup in 2005 and is a former Commonwealth Champion. A prolific and popular chess writer, he is also a respected chess coach who has been involved in training some of England and Australia's top junior players.
- An entertaining guide to the best ever tricks and traps
- Invaluable advice from a seasoned tournament player
- Ideal for players of all levels
- 192 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: December, 2008
- 8.9 x 5.9 x 0.6 inches