The Rossolimo Sicilian - BologanProduct Code: 913458
About The Rossolimo Sicilian - Bologan.
Play real chess instead of trying to memorize endless database lines! That is what the Rossolimo Sicilian offers and why this opening has become so popular with chess players all over the world. If you play 3.Bb5 in the Sicilian, you do not need to keep up-to-date with the dazzling theoretical developments in all kinds of Open Sicilians. You can sidestep theory, play your own creative game - and still put your opponent in trouble! Victor Bologan focuses on opening lines he learned from his trainer Viacheslav Chebanenko in his youth in Moldavia. Chebanenko's original analyses formed the solid basis for a lot of new and ground-breaking work that Bologan has done for this opening - in practical play, but also in training sessions with Garry Kasparov.Bologan does not tire the reader with dry variations. His verbal explanations are smooth, clear, and often humorous. He recounts the history of the line and provides a short but colorful biography of its originator, the legendary grandmaster Nicholas Rossolimo.
Author Victor Bologan is one of the strongest grandmasters in the world. He has won many tournaments, including the Aeroflot Open in Moscow and the Dortmund super-tournament.He has written critically acclaimed opening books like "The Chebanenko Slav" and "The King's Indian: a Complete Black Repertoire," and his "Victor Bologan Selected Games 1985-2004" was an international bestseller.
- 256 Pages
- Publisher: New In Chess
- Published: July, 2011
- "In comparison to the material in 'Experts on the Anti-Sicilian', Bologan's book compares well (..) It is easy to read and provides good coverage with plenty of original imput." - Carsten Hansen, Chesscafe
- "Helps you to learn through understanding the material (..) I feel this is a book the chess world has been waiting for." - Uwe Bekemann, German Federation for Correspondence Chess
- "A system opening presented in just that way: as a system. There are no variations labelled B1332212 here! (..) There's comparatively little to memorize, and what should be memorized is largely conceptual." - Dennis Monokroussos, ChessToday
- "Bologan explains the strategic ideas with great precision." - Max Euwe Centre, Amsterdam
- "The book is a great choice for a solid approach against the Sicilian defence, and it can only enhance Bologan's growing reputation as a chess author." - Joe Petrolito, Australasian Chess Magazine