The Scotch Game - Dembo / PalliserProduct Code: 446326
About The Scotch Game - Dembo / Palliser.
The Scotch Game is an ideal opening weapon for White. It's ambitious, totally sound and leads to a wide variety of strategically complex positions. The Scotch was a particular favorite of Garry Kasparov, who invigorated it with a number of major discoveries to make it an opening to be feared throughout the chess world. In this book, Yelena Dembo and Richard Palliser team up to take a modern-day look at this popular opening. They provide thorough coverage of the critical main lines, recommend the best options for both sides, and outline the key tactical and positional ideas.
- Comprehensive coverage of the Scotch Game
- Written by renowned opening experts
- Packed with new ideas and critical analysis
- 462 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: April 2011
- Fans of the Scotch Game will be delighted by the new monster (381 pages!) book on 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.d4 exd4 4.Nxd4 by IMs Yelena Dembo and Richard Palliser Dembo and Palliser each enjoy a reputation for being particularly conscientious authors. This latest tandem effort will only enhance this. Everything Scotch players from club level to Grandmaster need is accurately presented up to the end of 2010. Highly recommended - John Donaldson: jeremysilman.com
- Despite D & P admitting their natural tendency to favor White, I didn't feel that the material was particularly biased. It's such a pleasure to be able to find the best lines for the 'wrong' color without having to fight against an author's smokescreen! The authors have in my opinion concentrated their efforts exactly where they were needed, as those lines regularly favored by strong players are given the greatest attention. So the book is relevant, modern, comprehensive, balanced and rigorous. I recommend it wholeheartedly for serious players who get the Scotch in their games. - Glenn Flear: New in Chess Yearbook
- Chess players who play the Scotch game will be happy to see this new book by Yelena Dembo and Richard Palliser, known to be conscientious writers. This entry into the world of double king pawn openings is a meaty 381 pages and covers all the lines of this revitalized opening. For the serious student, this book will give you all the ideas and games one needs to thoroughly prepare for the next encounter. And after all, isn't that what we all want? - Larry Storch: Florida Chess
- Recommended for advanced players who are not yet familiar with the Scotch Game - Martin Rieger: Rochade Europa