The Sicilian Taimanov: Move by Move - Emms
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 8946 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About The Sicilian Taimanov: Move by Move - Emms.
This is a new series which provides an ideal platform to study chess openings. By continually challenging the reader to answer probing questions throughout the book, the Move by Move format greatly encourages the learning and practicing of vital skills just as much as the traditional assimilation of opening knowledge. Carefully selected questions and answers are designed to keep you actively involved and allow you to monitor your progress as you learn. This is an excellent way to study any chess opening and at the same time improve your general chess skills and knowledge. In this book, John Emms examines his favorite Sicilian variation, which is one of Black's most reliable answers to 1 e4. He shares his knowledge from over 15 years studying and playing the Sicilian Taimanov at grandmaster level, examines the opening from both sides of the board and offers answers to all the key questions.
- Essential guidance and training in the Sicilian
- Utilizes an ideal approach to opening study
- Includes a Sicilian Taimanov repertoire for Black
- 368 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: April, 2012
- "This sort of helpful advice is gold for all but especially for the target audience for this book which is 1800 to 2400. Throughout this work Emms does a very nice job of merging the theoretical nitty-gritty with the quesion and answer format which makes the material much more accessible, highly recommended." - John Donaldson - Jeremysilman.com/Chess Today
- "The series Move by Move is certainly the best method I know to teach an opening to the average club-player." - B.H. Wilders - Nederlands Dagblad