The Slav: Move by Move - Lakdawala
About the The Slav: Move by Move - Lakdawala
This is a new series which provides an ideal platform to study chess openings. By continually challenging the reader to answer probing questions throughout the book, Move by Move greatly encourages the learning and practicing of vital skills just as much as the traditional assimilation of opening knowledge. Carefully selected questions and answers are designed to keep you actively involved, and allow you to monitor your progress as you learn. This is an excellent way to study any chess opening and at the same time improve your general chess skills and knowledge.
In this book, Cyrus Lakdawala examines the universally popular Slav Defense which has been his main choice against 1 d4 for many years. Here he shares his experience and knowledge of his favorite opening, presents a repertoire for Black and provides answers to all the key questions.
Author Cyrus Lakdawalais an International Master, a former National Open and American Open Champion, and a six-time State Champion. He has been teaching chess for over 30 years, and coaches some of the top junior players in the US.
- Essential guidance and training in the Slav
- Includes a Slav repertoire for Black
- Incorporates an ideal approach to opening study
- 416 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: 2011
- "The Slav Move by Move is a first rate guide for those who want to learn this dependable opening. Highly recommended." - John Donaldson
- "Overall, the author has done a phenomenal job in choosing illustrative games, annotating the games, picking worthwhile questions to ask, and finding the right way to answer them. He has kept the game references to what is absolutely necessary and never more than that. This book is highly recommended for players from 1500 to 2300." Carsten Hansen - ChessCafe.com