Understanding Your Chess - Rizzitano
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Understanding Your Chess - Rizzitano.
Rizzitano shows how by analyzing their own games, players can gain a greater understanding of their strengths and weaknesses, and he explains how they can shape their approach to chess to make the most of their abilities. Contains more than 60 deeply annotated instructive games.
- Developing a reliable and coherent opening repertoire
- The importance of understanding opening theory rather than simply memorizing it
- Theoretical novelties: finding your own, and facing the opponent's
- Opening selection depending upon the nature of the game and event
- Risk management and "playing for a win"
- Competing successfully against higher-rated opposition
- Accumulating small advantages: a safe method when the opponent plays for a draw
- The power of the initiative: lighting a fire and keeping it burning
- 192 Pages
- Publisher: Gambit
- Published: 2004
- Notation: Figurine Notation