Why We Lose at Chess - Crouch
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,669 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Why We Lose at Chess - Crouch.
The main reason why we lose at chess is no big secret: we all make unnecessary mistakes! But simply acknowledging this fact isn't enough to help us improve. The big question is, how can we eliminate these mistakes from our game, or at least keep them to an absolute minimum? Colin Crouch tackles this vital subject face-to-face. Drawing upon his considerable experience, he looks back at critical moments within games where mistakes are made, and examines how we can recognize the danger signs and avoid making impulsive decisions. The reader is constantly challenged by exercises, which provide perfect training for real over-the-board battles.
Author Dr Colin Crouch is an International Master, a tremendously experienced tournament player and a highly regarded chess writer. His previous books for Everyman Chess include Queens Gambit Declined: 5 Bf4!, which has been highly acclaimed for its thoroughness and originality, with one reviewer describing it as 'the opening book of the year'. He has been a regular columnist for British Chess Magazine and CHESS.
- Essential training to eliminate mistakes
- Advice on how to improve calculation and assessment
- Includes over 50 carefully planned exercises
- 192 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: June, 2010