Elliott's Chess School #1-4 (on DVD) + 15 Workbooks
The chess DVDs are for... Read More
About the Elliott's Chess School #1-4 (on DVD) + 15 Workbooks
The ultimate training package for learning chess in the classroom sets students up for success, avoiding bad habits and often overlooked strategies, essential to becoming better at chess rapidly.
The chess DVDs are for all ages and Elliott is easy to understand with his clear, well paced, friendly presentation in clear English that's easy to follow from the most basic concepts onward ensuring that all key strategies are covered. Children as young as 5 or 6 like to watch and learn from the bite size visual segments. The workbooks reinforce and enable further practice of the strategies.
- DVD 1, Pawn Level + 4 workbooks
- DVD 2, Knight Level + 4 workbooks
- DVD 3, Bishop Level + 4 workbooks
- DVD 4, Rook Level + 3 workbooks
Each DVD is efficiently presented and packed with tips and valuable concepts, so most viewers watch each DVD at least several times.
Material in this series has been developed, refined, and taught by National Master Elliott Neff over a period of 17+ years, producing multiple state and national individual and team chess champions.
- DVD Volumes 1-4. (over 7 hours of instruction)
- 15 workbooks to apply and test
DVD 1 (PAWN) Topics
- Intro to Chess (board, names of pieces, values)
- The Queen
- The King
- Pawn shields and when to break it
- Bonus booklet with practice positions for every topic helps the learner practice and master the material presented.
- Introduction of each piece
- Understanding of the values of each pieces
- Best strategy for each piece
- "Pawn Shield" strategy (how to BLOCK your opponent's army)
- Learning about the most important squares to control
- How to start a chess game with the BEST strategy
DVD 2 (KNIGHT) Topics
- The Magic Square
- The Center
- Active Moves I
- Opening order
- Scholar's Mate
- Major Mates
- Tactics Intro - when to trade and capture
- Discovered Checks/Attacks
- Forks/Double Attacks
- Remove the Defender
- Back-Rank Mate
- X-Ray defence/attack
- Checkmate Patterns - 1 move
- Finding the BEST moves
- King and Queen Mate
- King and Pawn endgames I
- Algebraic Notation I
- en passant rules
- Using Rooks
- Convert the Advantage I
- Win a Game!
- Master the Magic Square strategy for checkmating your opponents every time!
- Discoverthe 'secret' of the 4-move 'Scholar's Mate' checkmate and learn how toturn the tables on your opponent every time they try it!
- Opening order
- Pigs on the 7th! (using rooks)
- Discovered Checks and Attacks
- Opening Order (best opening strategy)
- 'En Passant' (the special pawn move that will amaze your opponents
- And many more!
DVD 3 (BISHOP) Topics:
- Planning Level I
- King and Rook Mate
- Active Moves II
- Using Rooks II
- Pins/Skewers II
- Discovered Checks/Attacks II
- Forks/Double Attacks II
- Remove the Defender II
- Back-Rank Mate II
- X-Ray defence/attack II
- Battery II
- Checkmate Patterns - 2 moves
- King and Pawn endgames II
- Smothered Mate
- Algebraic Notation II
- Know your board
- Convert the Advantage II
- How to Study I
- Win a Game! II
- Learn how to study using Coach Elliott's techniques that brought him to the Master level in his mid-teens!
- Do you "Know Your Board"? Learn Coach Elliott's secrets to playing chess blindfolded!
DVD 4 (ROOK) Topics:
- Advanced Pin Strategy
- Discovered Checks/Attacks
- Checkmate Patterns - 3 moves
- King and Pawn endgames III
- King and Pawn endgames IV, Critical Squares
- King and Pawn endgames V, outside passed pawn
- King and Pawn endgames VI, pawn majorities
- King and Pawn endgames VII, pawn breakthroughs
- Planning Level II (Imbalances Overview)
- Material Imbalance
- Space Imbalance
- Pawn Structure Imbalance (overview - there are many types)
- Superior Minor Pieces (battle of Bs and Ns)
- Control of Key Files and Key Squares (strong squares)
- Lead in Development
- King Safety
- Pawn chains I
- Attacking Castled King
- Opposite side castling - pawn storms!
- Competition Rules and Tips
- King and 2 Bishop Mate
- Rook vs. pawns
- Minor pieces endgames I
- Bughouse/Siamese Chess
- Blindfold I
- Learn the eight "Imbalances" that Coach Elliott uses to "master" planning
- Learn to win the battles between Bishops and Knights
- Learn "Rooks vs. Pawns"
- Learn "Minor Piece Endgames"
- Master Power Checks