Chess Openings for Black, Explained: 2nd Edition - Alburt
About the Chess Openings for Black, Explained: 2nd Edition - Alburt
Chess Openings for Black, Explained gives you a complete repertoire of carefully selected, interrelated openings--everything you need to know to defend with confidence against each and every one of White's first moves. Plus you get a quick but informative review of every opening from Black's point of view, even the ones not part of the book's repertoire.
This book, together with its companion volume, Chess Openings for White, Explained, gives you the most thorough explanation of chess opening moves and ideas available. As a result, your whole approach to the openings and opening preparation, as well as your understanding of typically emerging middlegame and even endgame positions, will leap to a much higher level. So will your play.
This second edition is fully updated to reflect new developments inchess during the last three years, thoroughly grounding the player inthe grandmaster-openings of modern chess, teaching you the opening thatscores highest against White on a master level. Fully illustrated withtwo-color chess diagrams throughout.
- Lev Alburt, one of the world's most sought-after chess teachers, makes this book easy to use and easy to read--even without a board and pieces. And he makes it easy to remember what you need to win chess games!
- Roman Dzindzichashvili, the world's leading opening theoretician for over four decades, and his student Eugene Perelshteynis pack this book with surprise weapons--never-before-revealed theoretical novelties (new moves and plans) that can win you many games!
- Three-time U.S. Champion Former Chess Journalist of the Year Al Lawrence makes it all clear and to the point.
- 552 Pages
- Publisher: Chess Information & Research Institute
- Published: January, 2009
- Notation: Algebraic
- For players of all levels.