Fianchetto Grunfeld - MikhalchishinProduct Code: 3827
About Fianchetto Grunfeld - Mikhalchishin.
By choosing the Fianchetto System against the Grunfeld, White aims to stifle Black's normal piece play. White avoids presenting Black with a target and instead looks to probe Black's sensitive queenside. White's strategy has been used to good effect by Karpov and Kasparov, reason enough to adopt it in one's own games.
- Grandmaster Adrian Mikhalchishin is a well-known Ukrainian writer and player, and arguably the world's leading expert on the Fianchetto Grunfeld.
- Alexander Belyavsky is also a Ukrainian grandmaster, who became World Junior Champion in 1973 and won the USSR Championship on many occasions. He has competed regularly and successfully in countless super-grandmaster events.
- The first complete coverage of this important chess opening
- Ideal for King's Indian players looking for a different way to meet the Fianchetto
- Up-to-the-minute theory from two top-class theoreticians
- 192 Pages
- Publisher: Cadogan
- Published: 1999
- Notation: Figurine Notation