How to Beat the Sicilian Defence: An Anti-Sicilian Repertoire for White - Jones, G.
About the How to Beat the Sicilian Defence: An Anti-Sicilian Repertoire for White - Jones, G.
The Sicilian Defense is by far the most popular chess opening. If you play 1 e4 as White, on average you are likely to meet the Sicilian in virtually every other game! You need to be prepared to face the Sicilian at all times, and a ready-to-use repertoire against it is an indispensable weapon. In this book, Gawain Jones confronts the challenge of meeting the Sicilian head on. He has constructed a comprehensive Anti-Sicilian repertoire for White, which is based on lines that are successfully employed at grandmaster level. These are sound, reliable options for White, but don't be fooled - they also contain more than a drop of poison. Variations covered include the popular King's Indian Attack, various Bb5 systems and weapons against Black's offbeat tries.
- A Grandmaster's repertoire against the Sicilian
- Packed with new ideas and critical analysis
- Highlights key tactical and positional ideas
- 352 pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published May 2011
- Gawain Jones has written an excellent repertoire book. It is very well researched, with a substantial amount of explanation as well as a large amount of analysis. Michael Adams - The Telegraph
- ...an excellent Everyman book from 2011 by super-GM Gawain Jones, the now-reigning British Champion. A decade before writing his great work, Jones was already scoring very successfully with the same weapons that he recommends in his book... Incidentally, I do wonder whether the world's top player, Magnus Carlsen, might have visited www.everymanchess.com to also get a copy of Jones' book, since I couldn't help noticing that Carlsen has been enjoying employing similar weapons recently! Paul Motwani - The Scotsman