Mastering Chess Strategy - Hellsten
This outstanding book is a product of his many years' work as a... Read More
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Mastering Chess Strategy - Hellsten.
Grandmaster Johan Hellsten is convinced that mastering chess strategy - just like chess tactics - requires practice, practice and yet more practice!
This outstanding book is a product of his many years' work as a full-time chess teacher, and is specifically designed as part of a structured training program to improve strategic thinking. It focuses on a wide range of key subjects and provides a basic foundation for strategic play. Furthermore, in addition to the many examples, there's an abundance of carefully selected exercises which allow readers to monitor their progress and put into practice what they have just learned. Following such a course is an ideal way for players of all standards to improve. Although designed mainly for sutdents, this book is also an excellent resource for chess teachers and trainers.
Author Johan Hellsten is a Grandmaster and a former Swedish Champion who has represented his country in numerous Olympiads and team tournaments. He has enjoyed many tournament successes and has won individual gold and bronze medals at the European Team Championships.
- An essential course in chess strategy
- Contains over 400 pages of Grandmaster adivce
- Includes more than 350 training exercises
- 496 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: September, 2010
- A first rate book that will provide plenty of instruction for players from 1800 to 2300. Recommended" - John Donaldson jeremysilman.com