Pawn Structure Chess - Soltis
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Pawn Structure Chess - Soltis.
Every chess player needs to know how to handle pawns. Pawns form the 'playing fields' of chess games, a semi-permanent 'structure' that can determine whether a player wins or loses. This wide-ranging guide to pawn structure teaches you where pieces are best placed, which pawns should be advanced further or exchanged, and why certain structures are good and others disastrous. This invaluable book is a major update of this chess classic, first published in 1975 and unavailable for several years.
International Grandmaster Andrew Soltis is chess columnist for the New York Post and a very popular chess writer. He is the author of many books, including What it Takes to Become a Chess Master, Studying Chess Made Easy, Transpo Tricks in Chess and The Wisest Things Ever Said About Chess.
- A comprehensive guide to handling some of the most important pieces on the chessboard - pawns.
- Packed with tips, tricks and examples showing how the skillful deployment of pawns can help you win the game.
- Fully updated version of a chess classic.
- 286 Pages
- Publisher: Batsford
- Published: 2013