About the TASC Chess Tutorial 2 For PC (CD) Chess Rules & Learn to Play Chess
Ready to learn how to play chess? This chess tutor is for beginning and intermediate chess players. This software will teach you the basics of how the pieces move all the way to advanced strategies step by step. Chess teachers and coaches love this software and recommend it for students to use at school or home!
2600 chess positions teach and test your chess one step at a time, keeping track of your score and statistics. Each of the 5 steps in this chess tutor has multiple teaching and testing phases.
TASC Interactive Chess Tutorials: Five steps from Beginner to Expert! Each step, a stand alone, contains instructive text, examples, and hundreds of thematic positions to solve. Each position offers help in the form of hints and advice; the programs keep score for you, tracking your progress in each section.
- STEP 1: Rules and Basic Skills Great for children, beginners, and even experienced players interested in sharpening elementary skills.
- STEP 2: Combinations and Opening Strategy Slightly more advanced tactics and strategies, including some opening basics.
- STEP 3: Defense and Planning A guide to the tactics of defense and the basics of pawn structure and position based strategic planning.
- STEP 4: King's Attack and Advanced Combos Fairly complex tactical attacking ideas to test even the stronger players' skills.
- STEP 5: Tactics, Strategy, and Endgames The final chapter for those who aspire to mastery.
- System Requirements: Windows. Run Wintutor.exe from CD. No installation required and runs from CD View one page PDF instructions here. (Note there are two other programs on the CD that are obsolete called Chessica and Dostutor which are not compatible with most versions of Windows are therefore not advertised.
- English, German, French, Dutch