The main reason was undoubtedly his brilliant attacking style of play. Alekhine had a combinative gift that has influenced every great chess player since. Garry Kasparov once said, I fell in love with the rich complexity of his ideas at the chessboard. Alekhine's attacks came suddenly, like destructive thunderstorms that erupted from a clear sky. The authors take a look back at how Alekhine defeated his opponents in dazzling style, carefully selecting and analyzing some of Alekhine's most famous attacks and glorious combinations. A deep study of his games cannot fail to entertain and inspire true chess fans.
- Alexander Raetsky is a Russian International Master and an experienced competitor on the chess tournament circuit.
- Maxim Chetverik is a FIDE Master and a renowned openings expert.
- Alekhine's most celebrated games
- Self-test with difficult combinations
- Perfect for sharpening attacking play
- 128 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: 2004
- Notation: Figurative